Search This Blog

Friday 4 November 2011

Unique Architecture That's Not Good For Kids!

Pin It Obviously, no young children live in these two homes!

My boys would be like two bulls in a china store in this place.  I bet there would be at least one panel broken a day!  Maybe more on a bad day.  Just sayin'

Still, the effect of this  stained glass house featured on thecoolhunter.com is quite spectacular! Confession: I've always had a thing for stained glass, so I may be a little biased.  Perhaps.  


This glass door with a surprise from xator.com leads to an awesome spiral staircase and wine cellar.   

I can just picture my boys trying to find ways to break it.  Which, incidentally, is why I prayed for girls...  Have you ever noticed that if you give a two to three year old boy a new object, his first instinct is to see if he can break it?  It's true!  First, they'll try to break it with their hands.  If that's unsuccessful, they'll throw it on the floor.  If that still doesn't work, they'll bang it against a table.  Assuming it's impossible to break, you know they'll figure out how to get it open, so that's a whole other barrel of problems!



So while this design is unique, interesting and definitely a conversation piece, I don't think it would be the best option for a house with young children.  Truth be told, I don't think I'd like it either.  First off, it looks like you would bang your toes on it constantly, and second, I'd always be paranoid that the glass was going to break and that I'd fall through.

What do you think? Is this a feature you'd like in your own home?

Much Love, 
Felicia

1 comment: