Here are some of the best quotes and highlights from his victory speech:
1. "We may have battled fiercely, but it's only because we care too deeply."
2. "We know in our hearts, that for the USA, the best is yet to come."
3. "Michelle, I have never been prouder, as I watched the country fall in love with you too."
4. (About his daughters: )"I'm so proud of you girls, but I will say that for now, one dog is enough."
5. "No matter what you do or where you go from here, you will carry the memory of the history we made together."
6. "I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside of us that insists that despite all the evidence to the contrary, something better awaits us." (This one should be turned into t-shirts!)
7. "You waited in line for a very long time - By the way, we have to fix that."
|Isn't he handsome?|
9. "A decade of war is ending" (The crowd went wild)
10. "Whether I earned your vote or not, I heard you, I have learned from you, and you have made me a better President"
11. "I return to the White House more determined, and with more inspiration than ever about the work there is to do for the future that lies ahead."
12. "America has never been about what can be done for us, but by us, together."
13. "This country has more wealth than any nation, but that's not what makes us rich. We have the most powerful military, but that's not what makes us strong. Our university, our culture are all the envy of the world, but that's not what keeps the world coming to our shores. What makes America exceptional are the bonds that hold together the most diverse nation on earth, the belief that our destiny is shared."
14. "I have never been more hopeful about our future, about America."
15. "The idea is that if you're willing to work hard, it doesn't matter who you are, or where you come from, or what you look like, or (something I can't understand - maybe where you live or love?) Whether you're black or white, hispanic or asian, or native american, or young or old, or rich or poor, able, disabled, gay or straight, you can make it here in America if you're willing to try!" (again, the crowd goes wild)
16. "I believe we can seize this future together, because we are not as divided as our politics suggest. We're not as cynical as the pundits believe. We are greater than the sum of our individual ambitions, and we remain more than a collection of red states and blue states, we are and for ever will be, the United States of America, and together, with your help and God's grace, we will continue our journey forward, and remind the world just why it is that we live in the greatest nation on earth."
17."Thank you America, God Bless. God bless the United States."
Some of my previous articles leading up to the election:
I Fear For A Country With Anti-Abortion Laws
Something To Think About Before You Vote
Romney Promises To Kill Sesame Street