Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Remembering September 11

Pin It
All of my news feeds are talking about the unforgettable events of 9/11.

I glance at the calendar and realize it's today and I shudder as I wonder if someone is planning a re-enactment.

Sadness engulfs me as I shut my eyes, and relive the events of that day; the day the world changed forever. Maybe it wasn't the world that changed. Maybe it was me.

Innocence lost.

Collision with the reality of the depravity man is capable of, no turning back.

Thousands of lives ended, millions more affected directly or indirectly by the ripples of the tidal wave that hit their collective worlds.

One day that shaped every single one after it.

One day that is a constant reminder that life is uncertain, and that everything can change, or even end, in the blink of an eye.

Much love to all, but especially to the survivors, to the families of those that weren't so lucky, and to the men and women who risked their lives to help others.

You are a constant reminder that there is still so much that is good in this world.

Felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment