Search This Blog

Monday 24 December 2012

Family Reunion 30 Years Overdue

Pin It
Tonight was easily one of the best nights of my life.

If you've been reading this blog for a while, you know that I have a long lost brother.  He was suppose to visit a few months ago, but it didn't work out at the time.

Well it finally happened tonight, and it was more amazing than words could say.  

When I first saw him, tears instantly sprang up, and I fought back the urge to just openly ball my eyes out.  

I had been waiting for this moment my entire life.

Having been bullied a lot as a child, I always envied the girls who had big brothers.  Most of the time no one would bug them, but if one poor misguided soul did, they'd either sick their brothers on the bully or simply threaten to do so, and it was usually enough to get them to back off.

This whole week, as I knew he was coming, I felt like posting the following status on Facebook: 

"My brother is finally coming to town, so if any of my old bullies would like to resurface, now's the time." Hahaha (you can read that as either a regular or a maniacal laugh, it's up to you) 

Anyway, back to tonight:

My parents were here, as well as a good friend of my Dad's who had brought his guitar along.  After diner and desert, we all settled around the table and sang songs while Jack played us some music.  I had so much fun.  My brother's wife has a beautiful voice, and I love to sing, so I really couldn't have asked for a better evening.

You should see my nephews.  Two little blonde devils, adorable beyond belief.  They're still little munchkins, the oldest is three and the youngest is eighteen months old.  Little rascals full of energy, they remind me of my boys at that age.  I've only just met them, but I love them already.

When I was a little girl, I couldn't understand how I could have a brother and he wouldn't be with us.  It always bothered me immensely, the puzzle always seeming incomplete.

This year for Christmas, the puzzle is finally complete.  

When we sit around the Christmas tree at my parents house, everyone who is suppose to be there, is finally going to be there.

While I may have a few material items on my wish list, nothing could even come close to topping the gift I was given of looking over the table at my brother, sitting in front of me, in my home, with his wife and kids.

Family is what matters most in this world, so remember to always cherish yours.

Merry Christmas dear readers, I wish you all the very best.

No comments:

Post a Comment