Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 March 2016

An Open Letter To The Universe

Pin It

When I first left my ex of twelve years, I spent at least six months wanting absolutely nothing to do with the opposite sex. It was so intense that I found myself hissing like an angry cat (in my head!) at men who gave me the impression that they were interested. 

Eventually, this feeling started to pass and a man caught my eye. We dated for a while, but it didn't work out due to extreme differences in our core value systems (another blog post, another day!) 

Despite the disappointment, the experience reminded me that not all men are the same, and that I can find happiness with the right one. 

As a single mom with very little opportunity to leave my home, I turned to dating apps to meet new people.  I've been mulling over my profile for weeks, trying to put my desires into words, and last night I came up with the following:

I'm not sure what I'm looking for here. 

I mean, in the end, what I'd really like, is to meet a good man.
One that will have me laughing continuously and will accept me as I am because I'll accept him as he is.  Who will fall madly in love with me as I fall madly in love with him and who'll treat me like a queen because I'll treat him like a king.  A man who is patient and calm who will also love my boys.  Someone who will stimulate me, both physically and mentally, who will become my partner in crime and with whom I can face this adventure we call life. 

Can that be found here? Who knows?! Stranger things have happened! 

But now I'm left wondering... Am I asking for too much? Will this scare men off?

Which is what brought me to this blog post. As the old brain was churning, ruminating on these questions, this simple phrase came to mind: "Ask, and ye shall receive."

So here I am, asking the universe, because dang it, I deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment