Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 September 2011

How to start off my blog posts? - Deep Thoughts, by Felicia Stevenson

Pin It OK- 

I was about to write a totally different post on a completely different subject, but as I started to write I had the same problem I always have: how do I start my blog posts?

It feels unnatural to just start typing away, without acknowledging the fact that I'm writing for real life readers, but then, what do I say?

Um... there's the traditional: Dear Readers, 

No - that sounds to formal, and I'm anything but traditional.

Let's see..., how about Dear little monsters?

Shoot - no wait, that's taken already.

By George, I think I've got it! Dear Fellow Lifers!!!

-and by lifers I mean people like I, who have been sentenced to life on earth.  I think I really like that.  

But then I wonder if new visitors will be confused by it.  I mean, I can't be explaining what I mean under every post, now can I? 

Still, I really feel like I need to acknowledge the fact that I know you are there, and that I appreciate it more than I can really say.

Dear most wonderful people in the world because you read my blog,

There.  That says it all now, doesn't it?  A little long winded, but appropriate.

SO, settled.  

Until anyone gives me another really great suggestion, or you know, my crazy/beautiful mind
comes up with something better, that will be it.


PS, as a complete afterthought, I'd like to mention that I know starting a sentence with But or And is grammatically incorrect.  But I mean, call me a rebel, I'm taking artistic liberties.  And I don't care who doesn't like it.   :) 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Felicia and welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. Glad to have found you G+. Looking through your posts I see you have bipolar.. so does my oldest son. I hope you enjoy blogging. I have several people I follow that have it or have it in their immediate family as well. You can find tons of support here. Oh and don't worry about the formalities, just talk to us like you would anyone.. trust me eventually you will just walk up and start randomly typing.. it becomes a groove.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words. I certainly have been enjoying blogging, very much indeed. It's cathartic and fun, and I'm finding tons of great people with similar experiences. I can see myself doing this for a long long time :)

    ReplyDelete