Search This Blog

Saturday 25 February 2012

Hope Springs Eternal

Pin It
The end of February is near.  There was a huge snowfall this evening over the Ottawa region, but it doesn't bother me so much, because I know that March is fast approaching.

It smells like spring.

OK, so it's impossible for you as a reader to know this, but it has been at least seven minutes since I wrote the last sentence.  I keep hemming and awing over how to continue.  Where to begin, what to say, how to describe this feeling I have inside.  Perhaps I don't know how to describe it because I haven't felt it in so long:

I feel hopeful.  Three simple words, and yet they are so powerful when put together.

We found a lovely house to rent this week, signed the lease tonight in fact.  I am so relieved to have found a place as getting ourselves approved was more difficult than I would have expected, and we were starting to get very discouraged.  The stress was burning a hole in my stomach, and the thought of having to tell the kids that we couldn't keep our promise of finding a house was killing us both.  We get our keys on March 15, there will be painting and decorating to be done, so this has given me something to look forward to.

I feel my depression starting to lift, and I'm hopeful that it will melt away completely with the snow, and that my inspiration will blossom again with the spring.

Here's Hoping.

Much Love, 
Felicia 

2 comments:

  1. Really glad that with the spring sunshine hope is also rising for you.
    Also, great news on the house! That's a weight off your mind at least. Hope the week continues to get better. Maybe even a daffodil or two!

    www.thinking-about-leaving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I never responded to this comment before... thank you for your kind thoughts. I enjoy your blog very much, am a follower or yours.

    ReplyDelete