Search This Blog

Thursday 10 May 2012

Niche Blogging

Pin It They say variety blogs such as this one are the hardest to get going, and to create a loyal following for.

Apparently, niche blogs are the only way to go, especially if you eventually want to make some money off your blog.

So a while back, I started a blog dedicated only to art, in every medium.  Amazing Art Finds, with only fourteen published posts and only 2 in the past 3 months still gets about three quarters of the page views Musings gets.

I have very recently decided to start another niche blog, this time about the soap opera I've been watching for 25 years.  I watch and make comments to myself, or to my poor husband who could care less, so I thought it would be a healthier alternative to write about it - and hopefully connect with other DOOL fans.  I published my first post on Days of Our Lives - The Daily Dish  yesterday, and am hoping to keep up with it daily.  I think I should be able to, seeing as I watch the show almost religiously and I can easily update from my phone, which I don't much like doing here because you don't get many formatting options on the mobile application.

So just wanted to give you a quick update.  I think it's a good sign that I've been wanting to write again lately, hoping I can get back to writing like I used to.

Tata for now, must go watch Days of our Lives... hahaha  This new blog will also be a wonderful excuse as to why I have to watch... "but baby, I have to blog about it..."

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment