This video I received by email illustrates twenty-five different ways to wear a scarf. The video itself is quite entertaining, and goes well with my tutorial on how to wear slouch boots, where I mentioned that it was recommended to balance out the heaviness of the boot by adding some bulk at the top... with a heavy knit sweater or you guessed it... a scarf! The right scarf* can help to complete an outfit, and the right coloured one for you can really make your eyes pop, and be quite flattering.
Wendy Slookbook shares 25 different ways to tie your scarf in 4.5 minutes:
If you're looking for tips on which colours to choose, here are a few suggestions:
- If your eyes are green, try going with a purple shade, or any shade of green.
- For blues eyes, dark blues, and turquoise will make them sparkle.
- For brown, eyes, think orange tones, also very in this season. They will bring out the lighter flecks and make your brown eyes sparkle.
- Pink tones are good with all complexions, creating a glow in the face.
Scarves of all styles are in, but it's imperative to pair them with the right outfit. A bulky, heavy knit scarf should be worn with a heavy sweater or jacket, being cautious not to add too much bulk, to avoid creating football player shoulders. Choose lighter, silk type scarves to wear with a work outfit or light raincoat.
It's important to remember that fashion is about personal style though, not just trends. Whatever you choose to wear, make sure it suits you, and that you're not just wearing it because it's "trendy"... you'll just cringe at the pictures ten years down the road.
* I realize that the word "scarf" becomes quite redundant in this article, but as you can see from the screen shot below, all suggestions offered by the online Thesaurus were either way off point or just plain ridiculous: I think my favourite is connecting rod. "Twist your connecting rod around your neck twice..." Just plain weird.... LOL