Search This Blog

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Top 20 Favourite Songs Ever

Pin It
Twitter is trending 20 Top Favourite Songs Ever right now and it made me think this would make for a fun post.

Music is everything to me.  I'm not the best of singers, but I can usually carry a decent tune, and nothing calms my nerves more than losing myself in a song I love.

So here's my list, in no particular order:





  1. All I want to Do is Make Love to You (Hart)
  2. Hotel California (The Eagles)
  3. Cecilia (Simon and Garfunkle)
  4. Help (The Beatles)
  5. Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)
  6. Is There Anybody Out There (Pink Floyd)
  7. Patricia (Chris de Burgh) - If you've never heard this song before, you need to.  Right now.  See, I've made it easy for you. Your welcome. 



8. Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd)
9. Can't Take That Away From Me (Mariah Carey)
10. Keep on Singing My Song (Christina Aguilera)
11. Spanish Train (Chris de Burgh)
12. Yesterday (The Beatles)
13. All By Myself (Celine Dion's Version)
14. The Stairway to Heaven (Led Zepplin)
15. Family Portrait (Pink)
16. Didn't Mean to Break Your Heart (The Barenaked Ladies)
17. Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen)
18. Don't Stop Me Now (Queen)
19. Hate Me (Blue October)
20. You Can Call Me Al (Paul Simon)  - this one I've loved since childhood... I used to say "Daddy! Daddy!  Put the best friend song on!!!"  We were all so cute once upon a time... Le Sigh.

I came up with this list pretty quickly, it didn't really require much thought, but I bet I could come up with a hundred more that would deserve a nod.  I kind of wanted to add some Bruno Mars to my list, but I don't think he can count in the "All Time" category if I've only loved him for a few months...

What's your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment