Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Looking Towards The Future

Pin It
Tomorrow is the first day of May.

This means I am just weeks away from handing in my final decision at work. 

Will I take the money and run?  Will I stay and try to work it out, find another position?

The latter sounds like a death sentence to me. It's obvious it's time to go. 

I'm still apprehensive about giving up the guaranteed salary and benefits though. As the date approaches, that apprehension grows. 

I am hopeful however, that this marks the beginning of a great new chapter in my life. I am in the midst of my business class and am feeling greatly empowered by the group of women surrounding me. The exchanges are invaluable, and this experience will stay with me forever. 

I am an Entrepreneur now, and my first order of business is getting "Felicitations" restaurant open and ready for business. I am currently conducting a market study, and am in the beginning stages of my business plan. 

An old boss at a crappy job once told me that I lacked direction in my life, that I needed to set a goal for myself. It dawned on me how right he was as I typed the word plan above. I'm also reminded of a sign my current boss used to display "A failure to plan is a plan to fail"; this one used to bother me, as it was a reminder that I had planned to fail, and thus was stuck in a job I hated. Perhaps I should be grateful to it, as I think it's what sparked my initial desire to change.

So I'm setting goals for myself, making plans for the future. Keeping a positive outlook and finally having faith that everything will work itself out in the end. 

The road was long, but I'm letting go of the past and embracing a new, positive me. 

I believe in myself, my abilities, and my power to mold my future. 

I'll have my empire yet. 

Felicianation baby!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck to you, whatever you decide to do with your job. This new venture of yours sounds exciting and very promising. I wish you nothing but amazing things with that! I was struggling with whether I should look for another job, have been for the past few months, and then out of the blue last Friday, I was laid off. While I'm scared to death about what I'm going to do to pay my bills and such, I feel as if he did me a favor letting me go, so I can go out and find whatever it is I'm supposed to do, that makes me happy. Because really, that's all I really want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Yvonne I sure understand how you feel about your job too but I have realize that it's a blessing in disguise since I got the news

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the very best to you Felicia. Looks like you are right on track and have much wisdom and a good attitude.

    Madison:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Madison, your kind words mean a lot to me. :)

    ReplyDelete