Search This Blog

Monday 29 July 2013

Pope Francis on Gays: Who Am I To Judge Them?

Pin It Read this, and then come back here!

This is unbelievably exciting news! Could it be that we finally have a pope who understands the true teachings of the church? "Who am I to judge?" I love it.

The distinction between crime and sin.

The affirmation that god forgives and forgets when you are truly repentant.

I've never been able to say for sure that I believe in God, but I have always felt that the teachings of the catholic religion were basically good rules to live your life by.

My whole life however, I felt like it was all hypocrisy. The people I knew that were regular church goers were some of the worst sinners I've ever met. The pope and priests sat in judgement, the politicians use His name to defend hate.

I hope this means the beginning of much change within the religion, and the possibility that I might once again want to call myself Catholic.

Are you Catholic? How do you feel about this new pope's views?

Much love,
Felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment